I was nominated by Ally from Ally Writes Things for the Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you! She included 7 wonderful questions to answer. I love doing posts like this because they’re a great way to get to know a blogger.
- What book would you give 10 year-old you?I have never read any of the Harry Potter books, so I would give 10 year old me the first Harry Potter book! I see how important it is to a lot of people and, although I’ve seen the first movie as an adult, I love that a book series has meant that much to so many. It could have been interesting to be part of that world as a child to adult. And I do have the first book on my TBR since my grandmother loved the books.
- What’s your favourite quote and why??I did a post about quotes last month and, since then, I’m still trying to gather up all of my favorites. From that post, I’m still partial to this one from Shirley Jackson: “No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream.”
- If you could only listen to three artists/bands for the rest of your life, who would they be??As someone whose music taste hasn’t changed that much over the years (I still listen to a lot of music I listened to in high school and college), this isn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. Brand New, Eisley, and Fall Out Boy. (Okay, it was a bit hard to decide on just 3!)
- Do you have any pets? If not, do you want any?No, I don’t have any right now. I grew up with pets, mostly cats, and I would love to have a cat or a dog.
- Have you ever cosplayed (pictures???)I’ve never cosplayed for an event other than Halloween. Last year I made a Queen of Hearts costume and I dressed as Belle from Beauty and the Beast several times as a child. My dream is the Pink Power Ranger!
- If you could punch any author, dead or alive, who would it be?Hmm, interesting question, and something I’ve never thought about before. I would punch Conan Arthur Doyle in the arm as a friendly thing for writing Sherlock. I’m not violent! I just love Sherlock.
- Is there anything weird or abnormal about your body?Ooh. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I have small feet, so I can wear (large) kid shoes. That’s about it.
- If you could rewrite one book, what would it be? Why?
- Do you like going to book events?
- Are there any popular authors you haven’t read that you want to read?
- Why did you start a blog?
- What are you currently reading?
- Where do you want to travel to the most?
- Which of your favorite characters would you most like to meet?
I’m not going to nominate anyone this time, but if you find my questions interesting at all, feel free to answer them!
Thank you, Ally! I love these questions.