I was nominated recently by 2 people to do the Mystery Blogger Award by Okoto Engima, so I’m doing both in this post. I was nominated by Christina from The Bookshelf Corner and Shaz from Shaz Reads. Thank you! I’m excited to answer all of these questions.
1. Put the award logo/image in your post.
2. List all the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
4. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
5. Nominate 10-20 people and notify them
6. Link back to the creator of the award.
7. Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
8. Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
Three Things About Me:
1. I love musical theater and Disney songs. (This came to me because I’m listening to “Belle” right now.)
2. I’m attempting to be more minimalist with everything in my life, except when it comes to hoarding books. That can’t be helped.
3. I have several house plants and I love them.
Questions from The Bookshelf Corner:
1. What are you currently reading?
Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophie Kinsella still, but I think I’ll be finishing it soon because I’m getting back into my work and reading routine. I’ll be reading more in bed and watching less Netflix.
2. What has been your favorite book read so far of 2017 and why?
Once and for All because it’s Sarah Dessen.
3. What new book(s) are you looking forward to being released later this year (if applicable)?
I’m excited for more people to read I Hate Everyone But You by Gaby Dunn & Allison Raskin when it’s released in September. Other than that, I’m not that up to date on books coming out later this year.
4. If your bookshelf could talk, what would it say? (the weird-ish question)
“Read the books on me!”
5. What book series would you like to see turned into a TV series or movie?
I would like to see a reboot of the Shopaholic movie and see it made into more, but I’ll never understand why the movie made her American. I don’t understand.
Questions from Shaz Reads:
1. What do you think is the most underrated Disney film?
The Fox and the Hound!
2. Which book would you like to see adapted into a film or TV series?
Nice question! I’d love to see a TV series based on Catherine of Aragon’s life, so I’ll choose The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory. I’d also like to see something by Sarah Addison Allen made into a film or a TV series.
3. What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?
4. Which book has had the biggest impact on you?
Sloppy Firsts and Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty were a big deal for me in high school. I felt like I could understand Jessica and they’ll always be important.
5. Skinny jeans: yay or nay?
Yay. I don’t wear them often anymore myself, but if they’re not super tight around the ankle, I feel like they’re a great classic staple.
1. Do you like musicals?
2. Do you listen to music while reading?
3. What are your Top 3-5 favorite books?
4. What do you plan to read next?
5. If you could only eat one snack or junk food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Share a link to your best/favourite post:
- Ally from Ally Writes Things
- Jenn from A Bookish Peach
- Sue from Sue’s Reading Corner
- Heather from The Sassy Book Geek
Thanks again to Christina and Shaz for nominating me! I loved these questions.