Despite having free time on my hands, I haven’t been watching anything this week. I wouldn’t usually do these posts twice in one month, but since I’m not watching anything right now, it seemed like a nice time to make a wrap-up post before I start anything else.
Television & Film
- Crashing – Much like Chewing Gum, this was a complete surprise to me. I didn’t expect to be touched by some of the characters. It’s heavy on the secondhand embarrassment as well, and I’ll admit that I had some trouble feeling for a couple of the characters, but overall this is definitely a cute comedy. It’s 6 episodes long and I almost watched all of it in 1 night. I’d love to see more. My favorites were Sam, Fred, and Kate.
- The Office US – Why doesn’t Netflix have a ‘random episode’ button so you can watch “reruns” of your favorite shows? When I finished Supernatural, I was in the mood for a lighter show and I love The Office. It had been a while since I had watched any of it, so I am watching a few of my favorite episodes of each season before I get to the last season because I haven’t watched all of that.
- Oh, Hello on Broadway – Another thing Netflix needs is more Broadway performances! I’m so glad this one is on there, though. I love John Mulaney’s stand-up and I have seen and heard Nick Kroll on Comedy Bang Bang several times, including with John Mulaney as these characters. I think I do like them better on that podcast, but this was funny and extremely enjoyable.
- Supernatural seasons 11 and 12 – How did I watch 2 and a half seasons so quickly? No, I’m not ashamed. Now I’m not sure how I’ll be able to watch it weekly when it comes back! So glad to be caught up and I can’t wait to see what happens next. I don’t know about anyone else, but despite this show being on for such a long time, I feel like they’re doing a great job with keeping the content fresh. And Sam’s hair looked wonderful. We won’t talk about what happened in that finale. Not yet.
- Nightcrawler – I’ve had this movie in my queue since it was put on Netflix most likely. I didn’t realize it was going to be creepy, but I love when thrillers are less about the action and more about the characters. I’ll give it 4 stars for Jake Gyllenhaal and I’m always up for an antihero with sociopathic traits. I’d love to see more movies like this.
Now I get to decide what to watch this weekend!