Over the past couple of years, I’ve tried my best to not get into too many book series. I’m always worried that I’m not reading enough variety when I do that, but I realized just how much I love series this year. It’s so nice to read a book where you already know the characters and understand their world without having to read 100 pages to get into the action. In my journey to read less series, I ended up leaving some of the ones I was reading behind when I used to marathon read them (for the most part). So, I thought it would be nice to make a post about the series that I’m currently reading. Maybe I will finish them or catch up with them in the next year or so.
- Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson – I’ve mentioned this one a few times because I’ve been behind for the last year or so, but I do plan on getting the latest volumes soon! Currently on Volume 3.
- Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson – This is the first superhero graphic novel series that I’ve ever read, and there have been a few times that I wasn’t sure if I wanted to keep reading, but I love Kamala too much. She was my first Funko Pop! Currently on Volume 4.
- The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman – I’m on Volume 3 of this one and I need to continue. There are so many!
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – This is my most recent series and, if this was 2 years ago, I would probably already be on book 5. As it is, I’m on book 3, Heir of Fire.
- White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter – One day I will finally read A Mad Zombie Party, book 4, from this series. It was one of my favorites a few years ago.
- Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle – Another favorite series from a few years ago. I remember when book 4, Desire, came out and for some reason I didn’t read it. There are some topics that ended up coming up in book 3 that I’m not usually a fan of, but I have to see how this series ends.
- Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella – I’ve been reading this series longer than any other, for over 10 years, and I’m on book 7, Shopaholic to the Stars. It was a DNF book for me, but I am planning on taking it with me on vacation this summer.
- The Body Finder by Kimberley Derting – There are only 4 books in this series, and I was so into the first 2 when I read them. They’re great books. I have to read books 3 and 4 soon! The next one I need to read is The Last Echo.
- Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle – Another newer series for me and I’m so into them. I can’t wait to read book 3, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
I will do my very best to not start any new series before I’m finished with some of these, but I can’t promise anything. How do you read series? Do you read the entire series as a marathon or do you skip around?