I’m currently on a break from work, so I have had a lot of time recently to catch up on some shows. Plus, there are a lot of great ones on Netflix right now. Over the last few weeks, this is what I’ve been watching.
Television & Film
- Chewing Gum – THIS SHOW! Why did I keep taking this off of my queue for the past few months? I finally saw a clip from season 2 and decided to give it a shot. I was hooked within the first couple of episodes and, considering how short they are, that’s a big deal. It gave me some unexpected feels. It’s a little heavy on the secondhand embarrassment, but it’s worth it. It’s hilarious and it feels like art imitating life in a good way.
- Riverdale – I watched the pilot of this after it aired, and I really liked it at the time, but decided to wait until it was on Netflix to watch the entire season. If you don’t already know, it’s a teen drama/murder mystery show with the characters from Archie. To some people that may sound a little strange, but the writers have done a great job bringing the original and this plot together! The mystery is interesting and all of the main characters are developed nicely throughout the season. I like all of them, and that doesn’t happen often. Betty and Jughead are my favorites. It’s like Veronica Mars meets, well, Archie with a dash of Twin Peaks thrown in (without the extremely weird stuff). I plan to watch it as it airs in the second season.
- Sherlock series 4 – I didn’t realize going in that it may be the last one. Now I’m upset and in mourning. But just like with the other series of the show, I adored it, even the not so positive aspects. If you’ve watched it, you know what I’m talking about. If the final episode was the final episode, it went out on a great note and it fit the show perfectly. This is one of the few shows that I think I could re-watch all the time.
- Supernatural season 10 – I’m not sure if I’ve ever talked about Supernatural on here before, but it’s one of my all-time favorites and over the last few seasons, I’ve been unable to keep up with it. I finally decided to start watching it again and I’m so glad. It’s nice to jump back into a show and feel like you never stopped watching it. I’m about halfway into season 11 now, so I’m well on my way to being all caught up. I didn’t re-watch the Fan Fiction episode and now I’m kind of regretting that.
- The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 3 – This season was a little disappointing to me. There were definitely some pros to it, including Titus going all Lemonade which is one reason I love quirky comedies like this, but some of it was a little lacking. Still, there’s a lot of heart to this show. There were also a lot of scenes without Kimmy and more with characters like Titus and Jacqueline together, so it was nice to see some other characters bonding. I will watch if there’s a season 4.
- La Belle et le Bete (The Beauty and the Beast) – I had no idea this existed until I saw it on Netflix! It’s a beautiful French adaptation. The costumes were lovely and the sets were nice to look at as well. Sadly it doesn’t seem to have the best ratings online, but I think it’s worth a watch if you’re into fairy tales or costume dramas. It helps that The Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites. There are a few creative choices that I wasn’t thrilled with, but overall, it was a nice film.
Now I’m off to continue Supernatural. What are you currently watching?