There have been some wonderful new shows/series coming out recently! I have been trying to watch new seasons as they come out, so I’m not spoiled online and to keep my queue from getting too long. I want to attempt to watch everything I have on it. Over the past few weeks, I’ve watched a few things and added a few new shows to my queue.
- Master of None season 2 – I watched this over the weekend, and I knew I would love it, but I didn’t expect it to be even better than the first season! I loved seeing familiar faces and meeting new characters, and also learning more about everyone. You can tell that Aziz Ansari and Alan Yang took some of the criticisms of the first season and fixed some things and made it seem so seamless and natural to the show. My favorite episodes were episodes 1, 6, and 8. And the rest, really. The soundtrack is also great.
- Sense8 season 2 – Last weekend I watched Master of None season 2 and the weekend before, I watched Sense8 in about 2 days. I had family in from out of town, so I was a bit too busy to watch it all at one time, but if it had been possible, I probably would have watched it all in bed on Friday. 5 stars! 5 stars! There’s nothing too bad I can say about this season, but I need more now. The further exploration of the sensate world and the characters personal lives, as well as their connected lives, was such a treat. I’m glad there was a Christmas special because it made the next 4 and a half months easier, but now I feel like there’s a little bit of emptiness while we wait on news for more.
- The Last Kingdom season 1 – I do have one more episode left of this show, but I am liking it. It’s not my favorite historical royalty show. My interest in it grows each episode, but I’m not sure just yet when I’ll be watching the second season. Even so, I like Uhtred and they make it easy to root for him.
While watching a lot of Netflix, I have continued to add more and more to my queue.
- Anne with an E – I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything about Anne of Green Gables, nor have I ever read the book, so this will be new to me. It looks like a great show, though, and the intro is gorgeous. I also love the poster.
- Las Chicas del cable/Cable Girls – This is a show set in Spain during the 1920s. I’m interested in this because I don’t know much about modern Spain, and I don’t know a thing about the 1920s or the National Telephone Company. It will also be nice to watch something in Spanish since I typically only watch shows in English.
- Murdoch Mysteries – This was recommended to me on Instagram. Sometimes I feel like I’ve watched all of the historical dramas on Netflix and this sounds perfect because I love mysteries! And there are a lot of episodes. I’ll probably watch this occasionally this summer.